Re: Svxlink and Qtel

On Sunday, December 01, 2013 04:43:02 Felix Lechner wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Before switching back to Debian, I maintained a Launchpad PPA for
> Svxlink<http://svxlink.sourceforge.net/%E2%80%8E>.

Ah.  I found the PPA you're referring to:

   https://launchpad.net/~felix.lechner/+archive/hamradio/+packages

I'm glad to find this; I was working on an svxlink package and your package is
more up-to-date.  [The svxlink package is complicated in that it ships a
number of libraries, and I was bogged down trying to find a way to pair them
down to one single "svxlink-libs" library package or looking for a way to
statically compile the libraries in.]

> Svxlink includes Qtel, a Qt client for EchoLink that is listed as a package
> candidate on your team page.

As far as I can tell there is no ITP (Intent To Package) filed for svxlink
yet.  An ITP needs to be filed first, and this "bug" report gets closed via
the changelog entry with "Closes: #<insert ITP bug number here>" on the first
package upload.

   http://www.debian.org/devel/wnpp/

> I would like to apply for membership in your team to maintain my Svxlink
> package for Debian, please.

I'm likewise looking forward to seeing svxlink uploaded to Debian.  :-)
Thanks for switching back to Debian!

  -- Chris, KB2IQN

--
Chris Knadle