Re: RM: node/0.3.2-7.1

tags 614907 + sid experimental
quit

Philipp Kern wrote:

> nodejs is not in testing, so #614907 cannot, as a conflict solely within
> unstable, be a rationale by itself for testing removal.

Heh.  Okay.  (I'm still concerned about the lack of maintenance but
can't see anything easy to do about it.)

I found what Russ wrote on -devel convincing:

| In an ideal world, *neither* application would be using "node", since it's
| a very generic name, but the reality is that people go off and do things

So regardless of what happens to the "node" name, I would like to have
nodejs and ax25-node commands present in Debian and upstream to allow
users to benefit as though in that ideal world if they want to.  But
that is neither here nor there.

Thanks for a quick response.
Jonathan