Debian 6

I have been trying to load Deb 6 into three different computers. PIV 1.5, PIV 2.5, and a 933 PIII. The load is from a disk made from a ISO. I have it in a PIV that was loaded some time ago which seems to be ok except for some mouse instability. In the case of the three listed, the initial install seems to go in fine, then I load all the upgrades. Every thing seems to be fine until I reboot. In the user box, the mouse arrow appears several times and there is no text. An outline of the box is there. If you move the mouse, it leaves a trail. No icons on the screen. The first unit was updated from time to time but never 149 at one time. I could not get into the
systems.

Has anyone got an idea as to whats happening??

Thanks
Doug VE5DA