Re: AX25 and related software's future in Debian

> You claim the existence of the packages in Debian encourages others to
> try ax25, if this is so where are these people?

As you indicate, popcon isn't going to properly report all of the Linux
systems "out there" that are running in completely isolated RF islands
(much of network 44./8). Even the ones that do have a path to the
outside are likely going to be configured to minimize any extra traffic
over our extremely bandwidth-limited RF links.

However, if debian determines the priority of packages based on
popularity from internet-connected systems, and priority for names is
given to the highest scoring package, (instead of the first one to use
it), then it's unlikely we'll get to keep our place here.

Honestly, I can't say I'd fault debian for making such a decision, as
we're certainly in the minority of their users. However, to answer your
question, judging usage or the presence of "these people" by popcon is
probably significantly and atypically less accurate for us as a group :)

--
Dan Smith
www.danplanet.com