Re: Sofware Defined Radio in Debian

	Here is a question I am asking out of ignorance but
which needs to be asked.

	There is a GUI interface in gnome for persons who are
blind so this is actually a two-part question:

	Will there be command-line access for driving a SDR or
SDT as in Software Defined Transceiver? Command line is easiest
for those who are blind and it also makes automated scripting
easier for anybody who wants to do timed recordings of signals,
etc.

	The second half of this question is whether the GUI
elements can be given tags so that when one is using the orca
screen reader, one can operate the receiver and use as many of
the bells and whistles as is practical?

	Waterfall displays, for instance, would be extremely
difficult to get any useful information out of but there might
be a way to sonify them to know, for instance, when one is tuned
correctly to a PSK31 signal.

	As a ham who is blind, I do not have any SDR's, but I
use Linux to communicate with two Uniden scanners and an ICR75
receiver.

	There are sure a lot of possibilities here if things
will just fall in to the right places.

Martin McCormick WB5AGZ  Stillwater, OK
Systems Engineer