Re: [Pkg-javascript-devel] Node.js and it's future in debian

On Wed, May 02, 2012 at 01:02:14PM -0400, Patrick Ouellette wrote:
> (I added leader@debian.org to the Cc: because this is something that
> I think needs addressed at the leadership level)

In that case, please clarify what you expect from me :-), especially
taking in account the fact that DPL's leadership cannot rule on
technical matters.

What I could do is instance mediate among the parties. But for that, I
think it'd be better to find someone who is more informed than me on the
technical issues on both sides. Ideal candidate would probably be
someone who uses both packages and can better asses the respective
disadvantages of switching to a different name.

All in all, if you really can't reach consensus via discussion among the
respective maintainers, it looks like you probably need the tech-ctte
more than you need the DPL. But please be advised that it would be much
better to find a solution among the respective maintainers, as that
would be an agreed upon solution, whereas a tech-ctte ruling will likely
leave behind at least one dissatisfied part.

Cheers.