ham menu during ham application install

Hi all:

I have wanted to do this for a LONG time, but have forgotten over and over.

I am installing applications on a new laptop. However, most ham applications packaged for Debian systems don't pull the extra menu package which then makes the apps show up in odd places on the start menus on various desktop environments.

I just selected ten different packages and none of them included the "extra=xdg-menus". This time I remembered to also include fldigi which DOES include the menu for ham applications, even though I now tend to use the static version of fldigi from the website since it is the latest. Anyway, is there a way that you could include the menu for the other ham apps that are "launched" from a menu? Seems like it would be a really good idea.

Thank you all for the great work!

73

Jaye, ke6sls

Packages I installed:
gmfsk
gpredict
grig
libhamlib-utils
multimon
qsstv
soundmodem
twlog
xastir
xlog
xlog-data
and finally, FLdigi which pulled the menu for ham apps.

wishing you well
via acer w/thunderchicken3