fbb crashes PC...solved I think

Hi there helpful hams

I believe I have resolved the issue of PC crashing.
Some of the passwords in PASSWD.SYS had some !$#*&^% in them.
These characters appear to be interpreted as filthy language and the program faints??

Anyway the passwords now contain only alphanumeric and caps there is no more crashing but the login still hangs for a little while at
"Authentication in progress"
and then "Connection closed, terminating."

This is when trying to log in with xfbbC -c -f -h localhost -i VK6FUN -w secretsquirrel

I have not returned the machine to its (remote) location to rejoin it's associated TNCs (3xMFJs in permanent WA8DED)
so I am unable to say yet whether remote login works.

thanks to the people who have tried to help me so far especially Ray and Patrick.

73deVK6FUN
Pete