Re: work on d-star clone?

* Clare Jarvis <jarvis@jarviscomputer.com> [2008 Aug 25 14:32 -0500]:
> Hello,
>
> Is anybody working on high speed data in the 1.2 GHz band?

I've not seen anything on D-STAR except ICOM gear.  While the protocol
is open, I understand that the vocoder chip ICOM uses is a proprietary
off the shelf item.  While the chips may be available to the
experimenter, I've read of concerns of there not being a second source
for the chips.

It would be interesting if GNU Radio could implement a compatible voice
stream.

73, de Nate >>