Adding ALSA support to qrq

Hi,

I try to add ALSA support to the qrq contest training program, the
Debian package is currently maintained by PG4I:
http://packages.qa.debian.org/q/qrq.html

Adding some ALSA API code was quite easy and the output to the device
works. The code compiles nicely without any warning or error. But now
I've struggled for quite some time to get rid of annoying clicks and
missing dits and dahs.

The code snippets with the modification can be found here:
http://nopaste.debianforum.de/7136
the complete C file here:
http://www.qsl.net/df6fr/var/qrq.c
The morse function is called in its own thread. The output written to
the PCM device in function tonegen is interleaved frames if integer size
(2 byte per sample and 2 channels). I even get clicks for single dits
and dahs.

I'm really at a loss here and hope somebody on the list can point me to
a HowTo (couldn't find anything usefull until now) or knows a recipe!

mni tks es 73
Corny, Df6fR
--
                             Cornell P Gonschior, Df6fR