moving from /var/ax25 to /var/lib/ax25

There already is a bugreport about this in the node package. Lintian
tells us:

The FHS says "Applications should generally not add directories to the
top level of /var. Such directories should only be added if they have
some system-wide implication, and in consultation with the FHS mailing
list."

Other ax25 packages are affected also. I think we should finally sit
down and fix this issue. I am proposing to move from /var/ax25 to
/var/lib/ax25.

Packages that use /var/ax25 are:
node, ax25-tools, ax25mail-utils and fbb
as far as I know.

Fixing this should be easy, but what do we do at install time?
I am proposing to check for remaining files in /var/ax25 and then
issue a debconf message, something like:

"This package no longer uses /var/ax25, please move your files to /var/lib/ax25"

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Joop PG4I