Re: fbb and ubuntu 7.10

On Tue, Nov 27, 2007 at 06:49:03PM +0100, Joop Stakenborg wrote:

> Op dinsdag 27-11-2007 om 21:05 uur [tijdzone +1300], schreef Peter
> Mallett:
> > Hello,
> >
> >          I am looking for anyone who maintains the fbb distro in Ubuntu,
> > I have been told that the Debian group administers the fbb packages.
> >
> > At the moment, I run fbb under Ubuntu 7.04, the version of fbb is
> > 7.04j-6, this runs very well at about 15 percent processor usage.
> >
> > When using Ubuntu 7.10, the latest release, fbb processor usage is about
> > 98 percent which is way too high.
> >
> > Any thoughts ?????
> >

> Would you mind asking around on the the fbb mailing list? I have no idea
> what may be the cause, but it might be a known bug.
>
> Please let us know if you can find what causes it.
>
> > Regards ..... Peter
> >

> thanks,
> Joop PG4I

At the risk of starting (hopefully not) the Ubuntu is not Debian
flame-fest, really Ubuntu is not Debian.  They frequently tweak things
and include different (usually newer) versions of packages than Debian.

Could be something in the kernel config, or network utilities, or
something completely different.

Things to include for those of us who don't run Ubuntu might include:

(for both installs - Ubuntu 7.04 and Ubuntu 7.10)
kernel version
kernel configuration
ax25* package version
fbb package version