Re: fixing bug #447315

On Mon, Nov 05, 2007 at 08:20:13PM +0100, Joop Stakenborg wrote:
> #447315 talks about: "/usr/bin/listen (and related manpage) is available
> in listen package too and an error is raised when both are installed".
>
> listen is a binary from the popular listen package, a music player
> and manager for GNOME.
>
> We could ask the upstream listen to change their binary name,
> but I guess it would be less effort if we change ours, the name is
> a little obvious... What about ax25listen? This is in line with
> most of the binary names in the ax25-apps package.
>
> I would also vote for renaming call to ax25call.
>
> Any ideas, suggestons?

There is already /usr/sbin/ax25_call, which appears to be used by ax25d.

How about axlisten and axcall? There are already axparms and axspawn so
there is some precedent.

I agree with Ray that listen and call predate the fancy new media
players and the like, but we do have an obligation to not be
unnecessarily generic too.

Hamish