Debian testing and predict setup failure

Hello,

I'm just building a new machine up based on debian testing (etch) and after
selecting 'predict' using apt-get, the setup portion of apt\predict bombs
after prompting for callsign\location info. After filling in the "Altitude"
value, hitting "Enter" produces a command prompt shifted to the right right
(within the ncurses dialog). Predict has exited, but did write out the
.predict/predict.qth file. Typing at the command prompt doesn't echo back to
the screen, but what is type is there because hitting <enter> usually
returns a "unregonized command" error. Typing 'reset" <enter> restores
terminal io behavior.

This has strong similarities to the current bug on predict: # 257372

Seems something is up with ncurses, or terminal emulation type. I've checked
the versions of stated dependencies, and they're all correct.

Anyone know how to fix\work around this? I'd like to get gsat happening.

Thanks,

Rick Bolen
kg4ofo