ubuntu & debian users

Greetings:

I hope this list can work with ubuntu/kubuntu users.  I am now in the
process of changing my systems over to kubuntu's latest release.  Since
I am not fimilair with it, I am first building a test box to ensure that
my main ham software will work.

For many users like myself who have used libranet, we are now kind of
forced to either use very old software, or find a replacement.  I have
used debian (since hamm/slink) and love it, but I now find myself
far busier than in the past and simply don't have the time to tweak
debain.  I loved libranet since all the good ham software just worked
right from the install.  I am hoping that kubuntu will give me the
same joy along with paid support (I'd rather pay folks to fix stuff
now-a-days).

I guess my point is that kubuntu makes it easier for folks to get
stable system up and running and I really hope the ham folks can
support each other since the guts of the system are true debian.  I
suppose I'll find out soon enough when I begin installing kubuntu.

Once I am sure kubuntu is solid, I plan to make the test box available
to local hams to use so that they can experience firsthand the fun
of Gnu ham software.

Thank you,

73

ke6sls