Packet for LinPac?

Greetings.

For several years now I have used Linpac as my packet program, as was
really the only one easily enough to get going, plus it was a great
baycom look-a-like, that included mailbox and 7plus. Anyway, it seems as
though (perhaps for personal reasons, I don't know), Radek has not done
any further development for a long time.. (since the java console
version) which, unfortunately did not have mail capabilities..

Does anyone know whether the project is going to be revived, or is there
a similar source compiled packet program worth using instead?   I had a
look at LinAMC and couple others, that never really grabbed me.. I'd be
interested if hearing what debian users currently use.

Look forward to your responses..
--
Regards - Stef VK5HSX
          Adelaide, Sth Australia