Re: Kernels - AX25 support

On Sun, Jan 30, 2005 at 08:30:14PM +0000, Jon Aubrey de Lavenu wrote:
> Hi Guys
>
> My previous Debian setup which after a lot of help on here has been
> working extremely well as a node etc until yesterday when I had a fatal
> hard drive problem.
>
> So I am building a new system and have decided to incorporate it into my
> router.  I have been running a LRP router for a year or 2 now and
> thought that rather than have 2 machines doing 2 jobs, why not have 1
> doing both.
>
> I have installed a distro called Euronode which is Debian based.  It has
> kernel version 2.4.25 and I tried modprobe ax25 and mkiss which didn't
> work (No module by that name found).
>
> I am going to try apt-get install kernel-image-.............. but am
> wondering what kernel version to use?
>
> Is there an easy way of finding out if a kernel image has ax25 support
> built in?

Just about all the (recent) Debian kernel-image packages have both ax25
and mkiss modules included.  I can verify that kernel-image-2.4.27-1-686
and kernel-image-2.6.9-1-k7 (which are the ones I currently have
installed on my two machines) include these modules (although these
aren't necessarily the versions currently available from the Debian
archives).

> Is there a source site anyone can recommend for apt that I can use which
> may help this?

deb ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian sarge main contrib non-free
or
deb ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian sid main contrib non-free

73, Bob N7XY