Re: adding submenus to the gnome menu

I think it is a good idea. But we need an icon, unless I am not looking at it correctly. I do not mind creating my own ham radio directory in the Gnome apps, but this would make it easier for everyone. Would all ham radio apps be automatically  added to this menu. ? or would it still require some user input.  Xlog in Accessories never did make sense to me. 73

Ed W3NR

Sorry for this lousy looking email, but my Mutt is broken for some reason.

--- Begin Message --- I would like to add a hamradio submenu to the gnome default menu, just like the debian menu. It would require patching the gnome-menu package:

- modify layout/applications.menu and add the following:

<!-- HamRadio -->
<Menu>
<Name>HamRadio</Name>
<Directory>Hamradio.directory</Directory>
<Include>
<And>
<Category>HamRadio</Category>
</And>
</Include>
</Menu> <!-- End HamRadio -->

- Add a file called Hamradio.directory to desktop-directories/ which
looks like this:

[Desktop Entry]
Name=HamRadio
Comment=HamRadio menu
Icon=
Type=Directory
Encoding=UTF-8

What's the team's idea for or against doing this?

Thanks,
Joop pa3aba at debian dot org
--
Linux for your hamradio desktop