Re: PMS

On Wed, Mar 02, 2005 at 09:08:36PM +0000, Jon - MM1CQO wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I have a node running at the moment and I want to add a facility so that
> a user can leave me a message.  I have tried installing the PMS from the
> old ax25-utils but cant get it to work.
>
> Is there a seperate bit of software I can use?  Or is itpossible to
> utilise the SMTP server running on the machine to let a user send me an
> email?

I believe that AWZnode does this.  Development appears to have ceased,
but N1URO made some changes a few years ago and released it as UROnode
<ftp://ftp.n1uro.net/pub/uronode>.  The numbering system is a bit
strange, uronode-0.5-R2 is the latest.

It only has limited messaging capability, but that should do what you
wish.

73, Bob, N7XY