Re: QSSTV won't do ftp to ISP

 > This is just a complete guess, but I've also had issues with certain
 > FTP hosts.  Typically, I can FTP from behind my LAN to any FTP host and
 > move files (in passive mode).  However, there are some hosts who I can
 > connect with, but can not get/put files, nor even fetch a directory
 > listing.  The only way I can do it is to SSH to my router and FTP to
 > that host from the router (that is directly connected to the Internet).

Hmm, this may explain Harv's problem.

Most standalone ftp clients can do passive mode, and many auto-detect
the need for it.  However embedded clients may not auto-detect,
or even support passive at all.

In non-passive ftp, the server sets up a separate connection to the
client for actual file transfers.  This breaks in firewall land,
of course.  Passive ftp reverses the data connections: the client
connects to the server.

Harv: check to see if qsstv has a passive ftp setting.  If that
fails, and your firewall is not a hardware device, you might look
into something like the jftpgw package, an ftp proxy.

De