Re: AX25 kernel compiling

On Fri, Sep 03, 2004 at 03:33:31PM +0100, Jon MM1CQO wrote:
> Thanks bob for the modprobe suggestion.  I ran modprobe ax25 and mkiss and then managed to edit /etc/modules with vi which was fun.  Why wont escape work to get out of input mode?
>
> I can now use kissattach successfully YEAH!
>
> Next issue.
>
> I have set up axports to read:
>
> radio   MM1CQO          9600    25      2       TNC
>
> Would that be right to connect to my TNC at 9600baud, assigning the callsign MM1CQO and calling the port "radio"

25 is a bit short for PACLEN variable!  Try 256 instead.

> I should then be able to :
>
> kissattach /dev/ttyS0 radio 44.131.14.200
>
> So if I then plug my KPC3 in KISS mode into com1 I should be able to use it.
>
> AX25 howto says isuing the command:
>
> /usr/bin/call <callsign> should work.
>
> I have no call command?????

The call command is included in ax25-apps, which you should probably
install.

> Am I on the right track guys?
>
> ax0 shows up in ifconfig, I am using my ampr ip address is that OK
> even for ax25 connections?

Yes (an IP address is required for the interface, even if it is not
used).

Have fun!

73, Bob

--
Bob Nielsen, N7XY                          n7xy (at) n7xy.net
Bainbridge Island, WA                      http://www.n7xy.net