Re: Echolinux on Debian_Howto compile

> Has anyone had any luck compiling echolinux to run on debian 3r2 w/2.4
> kernel?
> It complains of not finding necessary files in the downloaded
> directories to run make and configure.
> thanks, riley

Hey Riley and the gang;

I do not currently run Debian, but I have created "recipes" for making
binaries for echolinux that *work* up through the latest released version.
I have done this for the latest Mandrake release and the Archlinux distro.

You can view the archlinux recipe, including the wrappers, here:

<http://xentac.net/tur/tags/bfinch/echolinux>

(The Mandrake version is substantially the same as far as the basic
compiling and files are concerned. I, of course, had to add extra files
for the automatic menuing to make this Mandrake compliant.)

Note that I *did* sed the CFLAGS, as the -O3 can be too aggressive sometimes.

I do not recall any issues with missing files per say.

Vy 73;

Bob
w9ya