Re: Full, or half duplex?

Day,

On Sat, Mar 06, 2004 at 01:06:10PM -0600, Day Brown wrote:
> So, when debian runs the soundcard, can it also have an output to
> control the transmitter frequency?

Debian is a collection of programs which each do different things and
have different capabilities. So it is impossible to give an answer for
all of Debian.

Some of the ham-related software can control the transmitter frequency.
A serial connection to the radio is used independent of the audio path.

> And, if it controls the transceiver, can it do full duplex?

Those are independent issues. Most radios don't support full duplex
anyway, but some software may support full duplex.

> If it does, does it also use both stereo channels?
> what is the bandwidth of each soundcard channel? I assume input/output
> are equal?

That would all depend on the application.

> With Yagi, do they use different feed points on different elements for
> different frequencies?

Some do, some don't!

Hamish