Re: AX.25 on 2.6.8 kernel and sarge?

Le Vendredi 31 Décembre 2004 05:45, Rick Bolen a écrit :

Hello Rick

My station server runs on a P4 box with Debian 2.6.9 the following hamradio
services without any trouble :

Ax25 stuff with 4 modem (9k6, 1k2, 300, 300) + 1 PTCII controller for Pactor2,
all modem are connected to a 8 ports PCI serial card
(X)Net 1.36 acting as an ax25 node
digi_Ned for aprs digi
aprsd acting as a tcp/ip server for the hamnet network, not connected to
Internet.
various hamradio applications under kde3

Plus a bunch of tcp/ip services : apache2, bind9, samba3, dhcp3, wu-ftp, ntpd,
etc... (you may have a look on http://linux-moon.org:81, which is a partial
access to the web site made fully available only for the hamnet network
44.0.0.0)

reading your command lines

axports looks ok excepted your ttySx speed which looks low, the rule is to set
it at two times the on air baud rate. Therefore any speed above 1200b should
be ok.
If you define an internal connection to a pseudo port the speed can be set at
0.

kissattach is more curious : why /dev/ttyR7 ?  Typing mistake for /dev/ttyS7 ?
In this case 7 is not a common figure for a ttySx, generally 0 or 1 are more
standard.

in my kissattach I define the device : /dev/ttySx for serail ports, the
axports name : aprs in your case, the IP address : 10.71.36.65 in your case
and that's it

Then in your case : "kissattach /dev/ttySx aprs 10.71.36.65" should be good
enough

for kissparms I am used to define :
the port : -p aprs
the duplex mode : -f n (means no duplex)
the tx delay : -t 320 (very high value ! generally -t 200 works with standard
tx, -t 30 is ok for data transceivers)
the slot time : -s 320 (set at the same value of tx delay, with the same
comment for the high value)
the ppersist : -r 32 (settting value is 255 / by number of stations in
network, that's mean your 32 is a very gentle value)

so in your case : "kissparms -p aprs -t 320 -s 320 -r 32" is well ok.

Your tnc should be put in kiss or smack mode, connected to the serial port and
under tension before to launch kissattach an kissparms. If not you will loose
all the kissparms setting in your tnc.
One time I got a big kernel panic due to this problem.

I hope this info will help you to find your mis-configuration

73 de Xavier, F6FKQ