RE: Rocketport driver in kernel 2.6.8...

This works too! Thanks!

I'm ignorant about module implementation because it seemed to be an
implementation "in flux", and it's hard enough for me to keep up with
changes as it is. Thus I ignored modules and just stuck with compiling into
the kernel. ...that way, I only had to learn one new thing per major kernel
revision (kernel compiling specifics, and not all the changes to module
specifics also). This kept all the core stuff as small as possible and in
one place.

Looks like development has focused on module implementation over kernel
built-ins this time around. I plan to learn "modules" when Debian officially
releases Sarge on 2.6.x kernels, unless compelled to do so before then (I
may be there now).

Thanks,

Rick