Linking nodes using axip

I have decided to put my PMS on a back burner (Thanks to Bob for his uronode suggestion) I have had an offer from a sysop to setup an axip link from my node to his over
the internet giving me direct accesss to his node list.

I must admit I am at a total loss as to how I set this up!

I have linux node running with a vhf and a uhf port. They both work fine and I can telnet into
the node through its network connection.

If someone can point me in the right direction to start with, I can usually work things out.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Jon
mm1cqo