Re: baycom sethdlc No such device (19)

On Wednesday 17 December 2003 06:34, Sebastian Muszynski wrote:
> Hi Jaye!
>
> If you load the kernl module baycom_ser_fdx.o your interface is called
> bcsf0. So try 'sethdlc -p -i bcsf0 mode "ser12*" io 0x3f8 irq4'.
>
> Good luck!
>
> 73 de Sebastian, DO2KSM
>
> On Wednesday 17 December 2003 09:42, Jaye Inabnit ke6sls wrote:
> > Greetings:
> >
> > I'm not having much luck getting my baycom bp2 modem port/device to load.
> > I'm reading the ax25 howto and following it along (as root) (chapter
> > 6.1.3). When I issue:
> > sethdlc -p -i bc0 mode "ser12*" io 0x3f8 irq 4
> > my system responds with:
> > sethdlc: Error No such device (19), cannot ioctl SIOCGIFFLAGS bc0

That did the trick!  Thank you for this, and for leading me to the docs in the
kernel source.  I forgot to look there!

Next problem is that I can now configure this device, but I can not make a
call.  I've loaded these modules:
baycom_ser_fdx          6368   1
hdlcdrv                 8386   4  [baycom_ser_fdx]

All seem to load without error.  I've also modified the file axports:
# name callsign speed paclen window description
#
bcsf0   ke6sls  1200    255     2       145.050 MHz (1200 bps)
#2      OH2BNS-9        38400   255     7       TNOS/Linux  (38400 bps)

/sbin/ifconfig reports:
bcsf0     Link encap:AMPR AX.25  HWaddr KE6SLS
          UP RUNNING  MTU:256  Metric:1
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:16
          RX bytes:0 (0.0 b)  TX bytes:0 (0.0 b)
          Interrupt:4 Base address:0x3f8

All this looks like I might be close to the first packet via the baycom/
ax25Linux thing.  But, when I issue a call:

# call w6zzk bcsf0
axconfig: port bcsf0 not active
call: no AX.25 port data configured

Something isn't right.  I removed all the modules and started again from the
beginning and this same error occurs. . .

What have I missed or done wrong?

TIA, 73

- --

Wishing you well.

Jaye Inabnit, ke6sls   (A fortunate GNU/Linux user)
Questions, especially really dumb questions, can reveal the oblivious.
Free software isn't about money, it's about freedom. Please Support GNU!