Re: Announce: new EchoLink Howto

Jaye Inabnit ke6sls wrote:

I think that the net might soon be readily accessible on any land or water surface on this planet. Amateur spectrum Propagation often fails in many

I seriously doubt it. Maybe "available" but from satellite and with high latency, and certainly not economically feasible for the inhabitants of many places.

Perhaps the hackers of Echolink will begin a valid port of their code to *nix so we can experience this application natively?

Probably not much chance of that.

I only jumped in here to say that there's been an ongoing project to use IRLP nodes on the EchoLink conference servers that works well for some time now. They're using YahooGroups to coordinate their efforts. EchoIRLP@yahoogroups.com ...

--
Nate Duehr, nate@natetech.com - WY0X

"A mind is like a parachute--you should open it only in certain
very specific life-threatening situations." - Frank Willison