Re: klog

On Fri, Jul 04, 2003 at 10:19:14PM -0700, Jaye Inabnit ke6sls wrote:

> Hello:
>
> I want to try klog on my Libranet system.  I found the deb file and attempted
> to install it, however, it is complaining that my kde isn't *quite* new
> enough.  Is there a way to force an install of klog without resorting to
> outright building of the source?
>
> AFAIK, Libranet 2.8 uses Sarge sources, which includes kde 3.1.1.
>
> TIA, 73, wishing you well.

Jaye,

Klog is a sid (unstable) package.  I was able to create a sarge .deb of
the earlier version, but this didn't work for version 0.2.2 because
some of the build dependencies could not be satisfied.

I was able to install it by configuring my system to use pinning and
have testing (sarge) as the default but also look at unstable (using
/etc/apt/apt.conf and /etc/apt/preferences).  Then I was able to do
'apt-get -t unstable install klog', which pulled in the necessary
dependencies along with klog.  Perhaps that would work with Libranet.

73,
Bob, N7XY