Re: Bootable CD with Debian for the Mini Distro

On Wednesday 24 April 2002 00:38, Michael Holzt wrote:
> It seems that others have already made the work which is needed to get
> a debian running only from a CD-ROM. www.demolinux.org has a bootable
> CD which is a Debian/GNU Linux.

Version 2.0 of demolinux seems to be based on debian 2.2 (potato), but I don't
see any bootfloppies available (they might be on the CD). It would be nice if
we can boot from a floppy, so we can use the mini-distro on old i386 systems.

> We can probably adopt their system for our needs.

Yes, if they make scripts and programs available for creating bootable CD's
and bootfloppies. I could not find any reference on the web site, but asking
around on one of the mailing lists might help...

Regards,
Joop PA4TU