Re: Contest mini distro?

On Friday 19 April 2002 21:49, Peter Lemken wrote:

> That would be spectacular and *just* what we need. Only pitfall: I am
> not a programmer, thus cannot contribute anything to the effort of
> getting the darn thing to work.
>
> But first things first:
>
> I will evaluate all the necessary programs from a contester's poj t of view
> and summarize the necessary steps to slowly get things going. I have a
> couple of ideas and your basic concept is just the right thing first.
>
> I then can talk to my company's programmers and see if they are willing
> to contribute certain things that pssibly need fixing in terms of code.
>
> Since I am a sales manager, I would want to do the promotional thing once
> we got a first clue at the scope of the project. I could also work on the
> documentation and the press releases, get us slashdotted ;-) and start
> lighting a huge bonfire under K1EA's chair (and mybe get him to contribute
> the one or other thing).

Thanks Peter,

That would be nice. Do you think that any contribution from your company would
conflict with the GPL nature of the software involved? I am a bit worried,
once this idea proves to be workable, it might indeed be able to replace CT
and some-one might want to make it a commercial product. I would prefer it to
remain free software....

> Hey, let's get this sucker going!
>
> Some additions to your list:
>
> Log storage either on the network or via mounting an existing
> DOS-partition
>
> Data File import from K1EA and N6TR logging software
>
> Peter Lemken
> DF5JT
> Berlin

Regards,