Text-based Control for BC780XLT Scanner Radio

	I am working on a program to control a BC780XLT via
Linux.  The radio is on order so I don't have it in my hand, yet,
but I came up with an interesting question while reading a
document which is called protocol.txt that lists all the commands
and responses that one gets when running the BC780XLT and similar
radios via their serial ports.

	The question is this:  The scanner has 10 banks of 50
channels each.  There are commands to set and retrieve various
values for each channel.  A couple of examples show 001-300 as
the acceptable channel numbers.  Shouldn't that be 001-500?

	I believe you can also access channels by bank and number
up to 50 for each bank.  There are advantages to both methods and
I want to make my program send commands in the most efficient way
possible.  If anybody knows whether all 500 channels can be
addressed by numbers from 001-500, I would like to know for sure.

	Thank you.

Martin McCormick WB5AGZ  Stillwater, OK
OSU Center for Computing and Information Services Network Operations Group