Re: Withdrawing rtty and z8530-utils2

On Sun, 8 Dec 2002 16:07:34 +0100 (CET)
Sandor Dibuz <ha3pg@ha3pmf.boszi.pte.hu> wrote:

> On Sun, 8 Dec 2002, Pieter-Tjerk de Boer wrote:
>
> > > Z8530-utils2 because I stopped using packet-radio and sold my
> > > scc card (who needs packet-radio anyway?).
> > >
> > > So unless someone realy objects, I would like to withdraw these packages
> > > from unstable.
> >
> > I would prefer z8530-utils2 to remain available, since I still use it
> > to initialize an SCC card, and as far as I know, no other package is
> > available for this purpose.
>
> Let me second. I for one still use it on a node/BBS/etc. hub here in Pecs,
> Hungary. And I know at least one more such a hub (HA5OB) which uses the
> Debian package for the USCC card.
>
> Though we can use sources any time and compile, it's certainly more
> convenient to have it neatly integrated.

Okay, I will keep it. Any debian developer interested in taking this package?
If not, I will try to keep it updated, although I am unable to test it against
the hardware any longer....

I guess rtty has to go, gmfsk is much better at the job. Furthermore, it has
multimode capabilities and can also transmit RTTY, which the rtty package cannot do.

> Thank you, 73... Sanyi
>
> --
> Dibuz Sandor  | email: ha3pg@ha3pmf.boszi.pte.hu
> Pecs, Hungary | AX.25: HA3PG@HA3PG.HUN.EU | UIN: 81545608