SIOCSIFFLAGS: no such device or address

Hamish Moffatt <hamish@debian.org> wrote
Thanks for ur reply.
If you mean the kernel-space soundmodem, I guess not. It needs a pretty
good SB or WSS emulation.
was refering to the kernel driver. I fished out my isa sb16 creative of 1997 vintage and will try it out.
It could also be a problem with the configuration of PTT; if you are using a serial port, check that you have freed it
from the serial driver (usually "setserial /dev/ttySn uart none" will do
the trick).
done that to no effect.
You could try the user-space soundmodem; it uses the standard sound
drivers so it should work with any card supported by those drivers.

rgds
jtdsouza@softhome.net how do i use that.?. tried soundmodm config. pressing PTT icon activates ptt on my ICOM IC-2100 but no modulation sound from spkr out (connected the pc spkr to verify by ear.)

Hamish