Re: What shall we call it?

> > If the ARRL doesn't mind, I had the name 'Hiram
> Linux'
> > in mind, or perhaps 'Debian-Hiram'.
>
> Hiram seems to be associated with a lot of things, a
> search on Google returned
> 504,000 records. Why would you want to use 'Hiram'
> in the name? Something to
> do with Hiram Percy Maxim?

Exactly.  He was the founder of the ARRL and a very
important figure in the history of amateur radio.

> Wait a minute! Talking about historical figures and
> radio, what about names
> like Marconi, Maxwell or even Tesla?

None of them have anything to do with amateur radio,
although they all did contribute to developments in
radio.  Another good name would be Armstrong who was a
ham and responsible for the invention of many of the
circuits and technology used in radio.  (such as
regeneration, super-regeneration, the superhetrodyne
circuit, and FM modulation.)