Re: Web page for the contest-distro is up

I like the idea of a ham radio specific distro based
on Debian.  However why just for contest logging?  At
the risk of some flames I'd like to see a more general
purpose ham distro including software for PSK31, SSTV
(QSSTV), RTTY, WEFAX, OSCAR, DSP, etc.  Some of these
software packages require X11 which does inflate
things somewhat though.

Many years ago B.P. wanted to create 'debian for hams'
though he spread himself too thin to do anything about
it.  I've been thinking about the idea myself but
don't have the first idea about how to start.

Anyway this contest mini distro is at least a move in
the right direction.  Perhaps a second set of packages
installed on top could bootstrap this to a more
complete ham distro.