Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 14:07:00 +0300 (EEST)
From: Heikki Hannikainen <hessu@hes.iki.fi>
To: Joop Stakenborg <pa3aba@debian.org>
Subject: Re: axmail

  Hi,

On Tue, 8 May 2001, Joop Stakenborg wrote:

> I would like to take you axmail program and put it into the debian
> distribution. In the README file you say:
>
> Don't give this one to anyone yet... it is NOT ready for distribution!
>
> I have tested the program for a while together with node on
> packet radio system. It seems to work quite well.
>
> Do you  have any objections against packaging it for debian?

  It is not very useful yet, I'm sure there is a buffer overflow or two in
it, it does no MIME/quoted-printable decoding, and you can't actually
delete a message (it never rewrites the mailbox to delete messages which
you've marked for deleting). With a little more development it would be
useful, yes, if someone would be interested in continuing it's
development. I'd be very happy if someone else would take over the
development for that package.

  - Hessu

Joop
--