Re: ITP: axmail

Hello Joop,

On Mon, 7 May 2001, Joop Stakenborg wrote:

> I intend to package axmail: a simple mail user agent intended to provide the
> mail functions in xNOS in a Linux ax.25 environment.

> Although the README says: Don't give this one to anyone yet... it is NOT ready
> for distribution!; it seems to work well.

If the README says it's not ready for distribution, have you spoken with the
upstream maintainer yet?  It's wise to take the upstream's feelings into
consideration, since you will have to work with them for as long as you
maintain this package for Debian -- best not to start out on the wrong foot.
:)

Also, please note that you should submit ITPs by filing a bug against the wnpp
package, sending email to submit@bugs.debian.org with 'Severity: wishlist' and
subject line 'ITP: <packagename>'.

Regards,
Steve Langasek