Help with debconf

I have just started to build my first debian packages.
I have started with pbpg. I don't know if this is already
debianized by someone else, anyway I just need to make a
deb of it, not become a real maintainer.

I need some help with debconf. I have written a config script
for this deb after reading the debconf tutorial. But now the
deb does not work any more. Lintian says:

amartin@viracocha:~/pbpg-2.0$ lintian -c ../*deb
E: pbpg: unknown-control-file config
E: pbpg: unknown-control-file templates

I put both config and templates files in pbpg-2.0/debian/
and run dpkg-buildpackage from the main pbpg-2.0 directory.
What am I missing?

Thanks debs,
Alex