Re: intro

On Tuesday 06 November 2001 15:19, Carlos Barros wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 06, 2001 at 11:30:55PM +1100, Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> > On Wed, Oct 31, 2001 at 09:22:45PM -0300, Carlos Barros wrote:
> > > BTW QSSTV is in the archive. We have some troubles, can not make it
> > > start receiving pictures. It does not realize that there is a
> > > transmission, even that you can listen it very well. Do you feel the
> > > same? Does it happend to you? do you have any special configuration for
> > > the program?
> >
> > Are your mixer settings all OK?
>
> The mixer is right.
> As the Joop said; vis=off, DX=on, high sesibility, and retrying the rx
> button, solve most of the problems.]

    Greetings:

I think is good info to check mixer settings.  Here I was running qsstv (very
beautiful program) and have many problems getting sync.  I emailed the hacker
and he told me the autosync function doesn't work very well.  I gave it up
and it works pretty good once it does sync.  It has been a long time since
then, and I can't recall if he had more plans to make it work better or not.
Yet some of the problem was my mixer control on my sb32 using Kmix from KDE.
I use "RecMon" to set the level of the input not the "Microphone".  If I add
Mic gain, it actually causes the input to feed directly to the output.  This
is always a sorted situation!

On a different subject:  I wonder if anyone has had experience comparing an
sb32 and an sb128(live)?  Is there any real differences in the two cards that
would matter for using them for ham radio programs like psk31 and sstv?

Last, but not least, I've a new system on the way that includes a onboard
sound chip. I intend to include my sb pci card also.  Has anyone used both a
media player (like xmms) and a ham program (sstv or psk) at the same time?
Just wondering what your own experiences were.

tnx and 73

--

Jaye Inabnit\ARS ke6sls\/A GNU-Debian linux user\/ http://www.qsl.net/ke6sls
If it's stupid, but works, it ain't stupid. I SHOUT JUST FOR FUN.