[carl@stagecraft.cx: Re: pconv problems]

Here is Carl's reply on the pconv bug we found:

----- Forwarded message from Carl Makin <carl@stagecraft.cx> -----

Date: Sun, 07 May 2000 19:41:03 +1000
From: Carl Makin <carl@stagecraft.cx>
Subject: Re: pconv problems
To: Joop Stakenborg <aba@casema.net>

Hi Joop,

On Wed, 3 May 2000 20:04:25 +0200 aba@casema.net (Joop Stakenborg) wrote:

>I have tried your new pconv-1.0R. When I open a connect dialog
>and press the connect button, I get:
.
.
>This is on a linux box, with perl-tk 800.015, perl 5.005.03, iniconf 0.92,
>Tk::FontDialog 0.06 and IO.

I'm not sure exactly what your problem is, but pConv doesn't work with Perl/Tk
800.015.  .015 has a bug in event handling which mean the receive character
routine never gets called.

I recommend you upgrade Perl/Tk to 800.020 and try again.

Carl.

----- End forwarded message -----

Joop
--
Joop Stakenborg - Debian GNU/Linux developer <pa3aba@debian.org>

--> After using Windows for so long, I was always Micro and
Soft. But, when I switched to Debian, I was so amazed
because I got a Woody!
(More woody jokes at http://pa4tu.penguinpowered.com/woody)