Re: Withdrawal of ITP

On Sat, Apr 08, 2000 at 02:44:46PM +1000, Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 08, 2000 at 10:46:40PM +1000, Craig Small wrote:
> > I thought aprsd had some stupid license, has it changed?  I can remember
> > having a conversation about how evil it was with its rather bizzare
> > license.
>
> It's GPL, apart from the authentication code, which is sourceless.
> I'm in no hurry to work on the package until I can come up with a good
> solution to that problem.

Err? How can something be GPL if part of it is licensed in some evil way
that sounds incompatible to GPL?

Sheesh, amateurs, software, licenses....
One day we'll all get it together, why oh why does it take so long for
the clue to sink in with these authors.

  - Craig
--
Craig Small VK2XLZ  GnuPG:1C1B D893 1418 2AF4 45EE  95CB C76C E5AC 12CA DFA5
Eye-Net Consulting http://www.eye-net.com.au/        <csmall@eye-net.com.au>