Re: Requesting membership

On Thu, Sep 21, 2023 at 9:29 AM Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> wrote:
> Can someone give me the right permissions (perhaps by creating an empty
> repository gnome-kiosk - if I'm not mistaken this needs Maintainer
> permissions which I do not need in future).

The Debian GNOME team doesn't yet have a written policy for joining
the team but we need to do that.

However, it is common practice for us to grant Developer access to
Debian Developers who ask. Thank you for introducing yourself here!

If you're going to be on the Debian GNOME team, I encourage you to
subscribe to the low-traffic debian-gtk-gnome list.

Also, our preferred packaging layout is described at
https://wiki.debian.org/Gnome/Git

The gnome-kiosk repo was created a while ago because I had someone who
also expressed interest in packaging gnome-kiosk but they never
finished their packaging and haven't worked on it in a while. You are
welcome to work on it instead.

Thank you,
Jeremy Bícha