Drop debian/control.in?

Hi,

Many years ago, the Debian GNOME team added debian/control.in and
began using gnome-pkg-tools to generate the Uploaders field
(gnome-pkg-tools does some other things too). This satisfied Debian
Policy's requirement to have at least one human listed in either
Maintainer or Uploaders without burdening people with getting emails,
bug reports, etc. for packages they hadn't touched in years.

The team has changed over the years and I don't think the benefit of
generating debian/control outweighs the complexity. Therefore, I
propose we stop doing it.

- Already, several of the newer team packages or extensions aren't
using debian/control.in

- It is one extra complication for people new to our team's packages
to remember.

- Even for those of us who have dealt with it for years, it is easy to
forget to manually update debian/control and this can introduce or
hide serious bugs.

I am ok with my name being in Uploaders. Anyone else is free to add
their name to packages they upload to avoid needing to add "Team
upload" to the changelog to avoid some Lintian warnings about NMUs. Or
people can remove their name from Uploaders as long as they leave at
least one human there.

Thank you,
Jeremy Bícha