Re: Is there any plans to update Nautilus in bookworm to 43.4?

On Tue, 15 Aug 2023 at 11:54:17 +0300, Eugene Romanenko wrote:
> Is there any plans to update Nautilus in Debian 12 to version 43.4?
> It appears to have fixes for the annoying crashes I'm experiencing in the
> current 43.2-1 version.

Please report those crashes as a bug if you haven't already. It will be
easier to get changes into Debian 12 if we have a bug report that we can
point to and say "it fixes this".

We have to balance the benefit of incorporating new bug fixes against
the risk of regressions. Reviewing the diff between 43.2 and 43.4 is on
my list, but my list is not short!

https://wiki.debian.org/Gnome/BookwormUpdates is where we are tracking
the status of potential bookworm updates.

    smcv