Re: transition: GNOME 43 mega libsoup3 transition

Control: tags -1 -moreinfo

The entangled libraries have been reduced to only:
- evolution-data-server
- geocode-glib
- gnome-online-accounts (no soname bump)
- libgweather4 (nosoname bump)
- librest

These are the auto-trackers:
https://release.debian.org/transitions/html/auto-evolution-data-server.html
https://release.debian.org/transitions/html/auto-geocode-glib.html
https://release.debian.org/transitions/html/auto-librest.html

Removals
=======
These packages need to be removed from Testing:
https://udd.debian.org/cgi-bin/bts-usertags.cgi?user=pkg-gnome-maintainers%40lists.alioth.debian.org&tag=evolution-3.46
cawbird is already in Sid only.
chatty also has a reverse dependency of meta-phosh. If chatty isn't fixed in time, we'll
update meta-phosh to lower the Depends to Recommends.

Sourceful Uploads
===============
To attempt to reduce breakage if apps try to use libsoup2 and libsoup3 simultaneously, I am adding breaks against apps that use more than one library. And I will do sourceful uploads of these packages to bump their dependencies:
- evolution-data-server
- geocode-glib
- gnome-online-accounts
- libgweather4
- librest
- bijiben
- evolution
- evolution-ews
- geary
- gnome-calendar
- gnome-clocks
- gnome-control-center
- gnome-initial-setup
- gnome-maps
- gnome-panel
- gnome-settings-daemon
- gnome-shell
- gnome-software
This means that most of the transition will need to migrate together.

The rest of the packages on the auto trackers will need to be binNMU'd.

We successfully completed this transition in Ubuntu today.

On behalf of the Debian GNOME team,
Jeremy Bicha