Packaging libsigc++ 3.x branch?

Dear Debian GTK/GNOME Team members,

I maintain some software that needs 3.x version of libsigc++ library in its
newer releases[1]. However, only the 2.x branch is available in Debian [2].
As a result, I am wondering if it's okay for us to package the 3.x branch.

I have prepared a packaging repo at [3] with completed packaging instruction
and copyright review. I am wondering if it's okay to maintain libsigc++-3.0
under Debian GNOME Team similar to the 2.x branch package, or if I should
place the packaging repo under salsa.debian.org/debian/ and have it uploaded
to NEW queue for review first.

If you find any issues with my packaging scripts, please let me know
(ideally with a patch). Any suggestion would be appreciated. A known issue
is the Uploader substitution in control.in for GNOME team and I haven't
figured out the solution, but this should be a minor problem.

Thanks,
Boyuan

[1] https://github.com/wwmm/easyeffects/issues/1000
[2] https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/libsigc++-2.0