Re: Build error with The name `enable_javascript_markup' does not exist in the context of `WebKit.Settings?' when trying to build for buster-backports

On 2019-11-17 16:32, Pirate Praveen wrote:
On വെ, Oct 25, 2019 at 11:47, sadiq@sadiqpk.org wrote:

I'm not so familiar with gtk/vala, but quite comfortable with
backporting.

I can backport vala, but isn't having to use a new vala version to use
a new webkitgtk a design bug? Can't we include vala bindings of
webkitgtk in a separate package or part of webkitgtk? Or is webkitgtk
considered part of vala itself?

Well, that's how vala works. If upstream (ie, webkit2gtk here) doesn't maintain
the bindings, there is no other better way.

Anway, you don't need to pull a whole new vala version for this.
All you might need could be just two patches:
https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/vala/commit/8a2e9e0f01b82bd81ab9ddf895733c6bf551fccc
and
https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/vala/commit/ff57dee633975cba39883af7caf4d21e4909402e

Regards,