Desktop Background

Hello List,

i am using Debian Jessie with Gnome 3.14.1.

When i choose my own desktop wallpaper, there are always black boarders
on both sides of the desktop.

On may last OS, i could choose an appropriate background color, that
fits to my picture and everything looks fine.

If i go to the system settings, i can pick my picture or a background
color, but not "both".

So i tried to fix it by using the gnome-color-chooser, but without any
success.

The only way i could "solve" it, is by zooming my picture in. Than i've
got no boarders but an awful picture.

I would appreciate any hints or advices.

Thanks in advance.

Matthias