Would a Debian patch to fix bug #776595 be an acceptable path to go?

Hi,

As a member of the Debian Dutch localisation team, bug #776595 has been
brought to my attention.
Also the Gnome Dutch l10n team has been informed about this bug. So
there is a reasonable chance that it will be fixed in one of the next
releases of Gnome.
In the mean time we could try and fix the problem by means of a Debian
patch.
Given this context, I have the following question: would there be a
chance that such a patch gets accepted and reaches Jessie 8.0 or 8.1 or
is preparing a patch not worth the effort, given the fact that the
severity of bug #776595 is only important.

P.S. I'm not subscribed to this list, so please Cc me when replying.

thanks,
Frans

===
http://home.base.be/vt6362833/